You have no items in your shopping cart.
The 3-P Initiative: Product, People and Planet
ID Me College is the National Leader in pushing the boundaries to bring you responsibly sourced promotional products.
We continue to build an infrastructure that drives our decision-making in order to provide:
•Made by workers whose rights are respected,
•With minimal harm to the environment.
The Challenge: Finding Safe and Socially Compliant Products
The supply chain used to bring branded products to you can span the globe and involve many different factories. We sort through the industry’s over 3,000 suppliers and millions of products to find supply chains that have best in class sourcing policies and procedures. Our goal is to provide safe and socially compliant products that you can comfortably brand with your name on it.
The primary benefit of shifting supply chains to low wage countries has been lower prices. The costs of this globalization vary depending on how it’s impacted you. In our industry it has sparked emerging challenges including knowing that the products printed with your brand are safe and protecting workers rights during the production of these products. Because the business of manufacturing is very fluid, we cannot guarantee against abuses in product safety and social compliance. What we are doing is building an infrastructure of best practices that severely limit your risk in these areas.
The Solution: The I.D. Me College Approach - Products, People and Planet
Our central guidelines to achieve compliant products are the I.D. Me College “3-P Initiative” surrounding the – Products, People and Planet. Our 3-P initiatives are the foundation that we continually improve upon, or as we say, “social compliance is a journey and not a final destination”. The 3-P’s drive every decision in order to provide:
- – Safe products (see our product safety page),
- – Made by workers whose rights are respected (see our social compliance page),
- – With minimal harm to the environment.
Products on the I.D. Me College website are pre-qualified in two major areas:
- Product Safety – Each product has been reviewed for possible hazards, and testing has been performed by third party laboratories (as necessary). We engage with our suppliers to provide documented proof of compliance to all regulations and make it easy to navigate the regulatory environment.
- Social Compliance – We work with each supplier to ensure that all factories follow a strict Code of Conduct. We work with supply chains that aspire to verify their Code of Conduct with audits by an independent third party, corrective action plans and related follow through. We strive to get you products that you can feel confident are made by companies that provide a safe and respectful working environment for their workers.